Dr Richard Halvorsen qualified in medicine at The Middlesex Hospital, London, in 1982. He has practiced acupuncture for over 20 years, having studied both traditional Chinese and Western medical acupuncture in China and the UK.
Richard works as a GP in Holborn, where he integrates acupuncture and other complementary therapies, into his orthodox general medical practice.
Dr Halvorsen is an experienced GP and is very happy to discuss with you whether acupuncture, or indeed some other therapy – either orthodox or complementary, is the most appropriate for your particular problem.
Richard finds acupuncture particularly helpful in the following conditions:
- Muscle pain
- Strains and sprains
- Migraine and headaches
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Tennis elbow
- Sports injuries
- Lower back pain
- Repetitive strain injuries (RSI)
- Rheumatic and arthritic pains
- Nausea (including early morning sickness of pregnancy)
- Period pains
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Allergies such as hay fever
- Stopping smoking – providing the willpower is already there
Fees and Insurance
- Initial consultation and treatment £120
- Follow-up treatments £90.
Dr Halvorsen is a registered provider with all major insurance companies, including BUPA and AXA PPP.